Introducing A New Member of the Parents Empowering Parents Family
The MISSION of PEP2
To make education, peer support, and parent-skill building available to parents of adolescents with bleeding disorders as they parent and facilitate their teen’s through the transition process inherent in them becoming independent, productive, self-confident adults who will have the tools to treat and manage their own medical condition with self-confidence & independence free of their parents through the rest of their lives.
- Open parent’s understanding of the history of the Bleeding Disorder Community and where science has brought us today.
- Acknowledge the importance of the parenting role in a teen’s life, especially one with a bleeding disorder
- Set the stage to make a working plan for raising a teen to become an independent, capable, productive, self-confident, and loving person who will assume full responsibility for his own treatment and care in adulthood.
From Where We Have Come…. to Where We Are Going— Challenges and All.
HOW TO BRING PEP2 TO YOUR LOCALE?
TO BE ELIGIBLE to apply for a grant to bring PEP2 to your area:
- All team members must have completed a PEP2 Train-the-Trainers program
TO REGISTER for Train-the-Trainers
- Complete and submit application form: PEP2 T3 application- Spring 2018
- Or, contact Suzanne Jones, Executive Administrative Assistant – email@example.com